As contractors continue to embrace technology, and the amount they spend on it increases, the question of how to properly allocate the cost of that technology has become much more prevalent. When considering charging technology costs to projects, a few common questions and concerns arise. This webinar will feature a panel of several technology leaders from large general contractors who will share their perspectives and experiences tackling this topic.
Following are some of the questions the panel will dive into, and there will be time to ask your own questions during a live Q&A at the end.
- How precisely should I manage this process (e.g., who tracks it, what’s the charge called, is it listed out on the cost report or is it embedded in labor rates, etc.)?
- Will my project managers be OK with this?
- Will this make me more expensive than my competitors?
- Will my clients (on cost reimbursable projects) allow me to include these costs, and how do I validate these costs to them if they object?
- What should I actually charge to projects vs. keep on overhead?